Friday, March 11, 2011

Garlicky Mushrooms and Kale

Yes!! Ymmm!! What a way to get your calcium. (Calci-YUM!)

Isa raves about this in her book and I love it too! I used half the garlic (3 cloves instead of 6) and it's still very garlicky. I served it with some roasted red potatoes. East to prep–just some chopping of mushrooms and cutting hard stems off the kale.

I used the amount of oil she called for and I did spray a little extra on the kale once it was in the pan.

I ended up eating most of this. The DH liked it and he got his share, but I finished off the pan. It would serve four as a side, but you'll need a hearty entree, too. Or serve two with another smaller dish like I did (potato).


Did the DD eat it? She tried two little tiny pieces of kale (even though she said she likes kale and she loves garlic.)
Would I make this again? Yes! Very tasty side dish.
Rating: 5 out of 5 Forks

No comments:

Post a Comment