Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Curried Chickpeas & Greens

This dish has a lot of ingredients--mostly spices, but is still pretty simple to make. With all these dishes with multiple spices, I have been prepping my stove area with all the chopped veggies and pre-measured spices in little glass bowls so I can just plop things in at the right moment.

I used two cloves of garlic instead of four and no onion, which was called for. I used the two tablespoons of ginger in the recipe and I think it was a too much ginger for me, or I didn't mince it well enough. I just did a rough small chop. I forget how hot ginger can be in quantity!

Did the DD eat it? No, she won't eat chickpeas.
Would I make this again? Yes, I liked it and it's an easy dish to have the ingredients for. I think you could use spinach instead of kale.
Rating: 4 out of 5 Forks (reducing the ginger)

No comments:

Post a Comment