Friday, March 11, 2011

Coconut Oil and Coconut Butter

This is the brand I use from Premier Organics, and I recently tasted Coconut Butter (different than oil). Oh, heaven! You can eat coconut butter like peanut butter. And coconut oil used on your face can soften your skin! (And used in your stir-fries can ramp up the taste!)
This website has some better information: Live Super Foods
Also great info on coconut oil on their site here.
Click to the Artisana/Premier Organics website here.

Update: I bought some coconut butter today at Whole Foods (about $10 a jar) and grabbed a compost-able spoon on the way out the door. While still in my parking spot (oh, I needed a little pick-me-up today, I think the earthquake/tsunami energy was doing a number on my emotional state), I broke the seal, twisted open the lid and scraped off a tiny bit of coconut butter into the spoon. Do you know that phrase "melts in your mouth"? Well, I think it came from eating this. Oh god, this stuff is yummy. I kept very aware that this butter is 180 calories per two tablespoons, and in my mind, I kept it to just one tablespoon. Heavenly flavor, sensuous mouth-feel and love at first bite....melt. I look forward to all the wonderful things it is supposed to do for my health (if I don't overindulge) and I'll write about them when I figure them out. In the meantime, I will go to bed thinking about all the ways I can eat this butter in more creative ways than off a spoon.

If I'm ever marooned on a desert island I hope boxes of peanut butter, Cape Cod potato chips and It's Better Than Sour Cream wash ashore with me. I have now added coconut butter to that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment