Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie

 Unprocessed, p. 93

I didn't have the cacao (I used cocoa), chocolate nibs, prepared chocolate flavored almond milk or the Cherry Butter, but I did use frozen cherries and a fresh banana. I added a wee bit of vanilla and was totally lazy and used agave instead of dates for sweetener, but I went easy on it. I made almond milk fresh from un-soaked almonds and filtered it a couple times to get the skins and bigger chunks out.

I cut the recipe in half and that was perfect for one person–it made a larger glass than shown. And I ate nothing else for that meal.

I like this and would make it again. I'm planning on eating from "Unprocessed" all this week, so there will be several posts and pictures.

Did the DD eat it? I didn't serve it to her, but she has had smoothies like this in the past. My guess is yes.
Would I make this again? Yes, I like this smoothie.
Rating: Salad: 4 out of 5 Forks

No comments:

Post a Comment